[ PRIVACY Forum ] Bulletin: Democrats in Congress Want

privacy at vortex.com privacy at vortex.com
Thu Jun 25 01:37:17 PDT 2009

Biometic National ID Card for All Workers

Bulletin: Democrats in Congress Want Biometic National ID Card for All
Workers

Washington Post: http://bit.ly/iQ11z

"Reassuring" words from Chuck Schumer:

    "I'm sure the civil libertarians will object to some kind of
     biometric card -- although ... there'll be all kinds of
     protections -- but we're going to have to do it.
     It's the only way."

Isn't that last sentence what Darth Vader said to Luke when trying
to get his son to join him, just after revealing his relationship?

Here we go again.  At least in regards to certain topics, when
it comes to Congress, it's:

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss!

--Lauren--
Lauren Weinstein
lauren at vortex.com
Tel: +1 (818) 225-2800
http://www.pfir.org/lauren
Co-Founder, PFIR
   - People For Internet Responsibility - http://www.pfir.org
Co-Founder, NNSquad
   - Network Neutrality Squad - http://www.nnsquad.org
Founder, GCTIP - Global Coalition
   for Transparent Internet Performance - http://www.gctip.org
Founder, PRIVACY Forum - http://www.vortex.com
Member, ACM Committee on Computers and Public Policy
Lauren's Blog: http://lauren.vortex.com