The begining of a new surveillance society in India

Sarad AV jtrjtrjtr2001 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 16 23:17:03 PDT 2009

CCTV eye to check ragging on campuses

BANGALORE: Ragging or misbehaving on campus? Thinking of pinching that watch? Worse, dozing off in class? Watch out, here comes the big brother.
With the UGC coming down heavily on colleges and universities that fail to control ragging,

More Url Below

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Cities/CCTV-to-check-ragging-on-campuses/articleshow/4664718.cms

I think introducing  surveillance into school/university is the cleverest way of building a surveillance society. When, they grow up the will be 'okay' with it and a generation later every office desk, boardroom and room will be fitted with surveillance cameras and microphones.

I also found this linked from this months CRYPTOGRAM issue
http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/libertycentral/2009/jun/03/cctv-classroom