bitcoin

Hal Finney hal.finney at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 15:29:32 PST 2009

I've been running it for a couple of weeks now, with about 2000
Bitcoins generated (each successful generation gives 50 Bitcoins). I
wrote a somewhat tongue in cheek article on the cryptography list
estimating that each Bitcoin could be worth ten million dollars, so
this is quite a haul :). (Actually that same reasoning implies that
gold should be worth about $10K per ounce, so maybe it's not so many
orders of magnitude off.)

I have 9 connections at the moment, with my firewall forwarding. Post
your Bitcoin address and I'll see if I can send you some coins.