schneier on schmidt

J.A. Terranson measl at mfn.org
Thu Dec 10 09:44:36 PST 2009

On Thu, 10 Dec 2009, StealthMonger wrote:

> Eugen, thank you generally for your postings to this forum.
>
> But thank you especially for bringing these vital words from Schneier
> to our attention at this time.  For example:
>
> Eugen Leitl <eugen at leitl.org> writes:
>
> > http://www.schneier.com/blog/archives/2009/12/my_reaction_to.html
>
> > December 9, 2009
>
> > Schmidt said:
>
> >     I think judgment matters. If you have something that you don't want
> > anyone to know, maybe you shouldn't be doing it in the first place.
>
> > My [Schneier] Reaction to Eric Schmidt
>
> >     [...]
>
> >     For if we are observed in all matters, we are constantly under threat of
> > correction, judgment, criticism, even plagiarism of our own uniqueness.
>
> >     [...]

Allow me to second that Eugen.

//Alif
The Other Mongermeat

"Never belong to any party, always oppose privileged classes and public
plunderers, never lack sympathy with the poor, always remain devoted to
the public welfare, never be satisfied with merely printing news, always
be drastically independent, never be afraid to attack wrong, whether by
predatory plutocracy or predatory poverty."

Joseph Pulitzer, 1907 Speech