[btns] Version 11 of draft-ietf-btns-connection-latching posted

Nicolas Williams Nicolas.Williams at sun.com
Thu Aug 13 16:55:15 PDT 2009

http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-btns-connection-latching-11.txt

Diffs:

http://tools.ietf.org//rfcdiff?url1=http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-btns-connection-latching-10.txt&url2=http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-btns-connection-latching-11.txt

Changes made:

 - Added section 5.5 and updated sections 5.2 and 5.4 to reflect the new
   consensus on how to handle latch stat transitions to the BROKEN state
   in the absence of new APIs.
 - Added recommendation to break latches when IKE DPD concludes their
   remote peers are dead or rebooted.
    - Updated the latch state diagram to mention DPD.
 - Added Security Considerations sub-section to cover DoS attacks.
 - While updating section 2.2 text about the BROKEN state I noticed that
   a MUST in section 2.3 was not reflected in 2.2, so I updated that
   section 2.2 text accordingly.

Nico

----- End forwarded message -----