Emanation Shielding with Music

Tyler Durden camera_lumina at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 21 13:42:17 PDT 2008

Interesting.
Back when I was field-testing MONET, we had some guys from DARPA and from some
agency I hadn't heard of before looking over my shoulder. As we passed one of
the big DARPA buildings in W. VA (is this the 'real' VA a la MkKane), he
started yapping about the windows on that building, but then shut himself up
remembering that we were after all civilians, even though we were entering
some very secure facilities (eg, one NSA facility).

I had guessed that being immune to laser-based eavesdropping would be one
characteristic of the glass, but I never knew exactly how (though I would have
thought it easier merely to put an vacuum between two sheets of glass as in
recording studios).

-TD