Making a PRNG cryptographically secure

Sarad AV jtrjtrjtr2001 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 6 11:32:48 PST 2008

--- "Riad S. Wahby" <rsw at jfet.org> wrote:

> Are you committed to a particular RNG?  Blum Blum
> Shub is rather
> computationally intensive, but it may be less so
> than decorrelating some
> other PRNG with a hash.

No,any generator would do. BBS would be great but I am
not worried of correlations here and would like the
generator to be faster.

 Thanks though, will use it when the PRNG needs to be
cryptographically secure and rather decorrelated.

BBS's response to the diehard test is also good. I
guess a PRNG passed over SHA-1 wouldn't pass the
diehard test.
http://www.pierssen.com/arcview/upload/esoterica/randomizer.html

Sarad.