visions of drummers

coderman coderman at gmail.com
Sat Jan 26 13:26:58 PST 2008

On Jan 26, 2008 4:10 AM, Tyler Durden <camera_lumina at hotmail.com> wrote:

>  As I remember, Jaron Lanier released a batch of roaches into the wild of
> Boston with something like a time capsule spliced into their junk DNA.

it was a proposal for encoding into a seed population coupled with
interbreeding a large group over 14 years to ensure propagation
indefinitely (of at least some of it). [0]

a bidirectional communication protocol via infectious vector is much more fun ;P

best regards,

0. DESIGNS FOR THE NEXT MILLENNIUM - Jaron Lanier
   http://www.nytimes.com/library/magazine/millennium/m6/design-lanier.html