NSSF

R.A. Hettinga rah at shipwright.com
Thu Jan 10 12:04:20 PST 2008

<http://www.nssf.org/news/fromBP.cfm?BPseq=704>

The National Shooting Sports Foundation

January 7, 2008
CREDIT CARD PROCESSING COMPANY REJECTS FIREARMS INDUSTRY

REFUSES TO PROCESS TRANSACTIONS . . . Citi Merchant Services and First
Data Corp. are refusing to process any credit card transactions
between federally licensed firearms retailers, distributors and
manufacturers -- a move which will severely limit available inventory
of firearms and ammunition to military, law enforcement and law-
abiding Americans.

The first company to be affected by this decision appears to be
firearms distributor CDNN Sports Inc.

"We were contacted recently by First Data/Citi Merchant Services by a
June Rivera-Mantilla stating that we were terminated and funds were
being seized for selling firearms in a non-face-to-face transaction,"
said Charlie Crawford, president of CDNN Sports Inc. "Although
perfectly legal, we were also informed that no transactions would be
processed in the future, even for non-firearms. I find this very
frightening."

To voice your concern to Citi Merchant Services and First Data Corp.,
please contact June Rivera-Mantilla at 631-683-7734 or her supervisor
Robert Tenenbaum at 631-683-6570.

To change to an NSSF-affiliated credit card processing program,
contact Payment Alliance International at 1-866-371-2273 (ext. 1131).

The National Shooting Sports Foundation | 11 Mile Hill Road | Newtown,
CT 06470 |www.nssf.org