[libertarian-nation] First Seasteading Conference on October

Patri Friedman patri at clevername.net
Mon Aug 25 05:26:37 PDT 2008

10th in Burlingame, CA!

Hey all.  If you're interested in helping work on a practical way to
bring a libertarian nation into existence, consider coming to The
Seasteading Institute's first annual conference.  More information and
registration here:

http://movement.meetup.com/72/calendar/8606039/

sort of conference. Instead, we're going to have a bunch of small
workshops where groups brainstorm about solutions to some of the
challenges we face, research those solutions, and come up w/
recommendations. If you are interested in particular topics, you can
indicate that on your RSVP. Current topics we are considering:

Business plan for seastead resort
Marketing/PR: how to make our ideas sticky
Transitions: How to provide an incremental path for people to
transition from land to seastead life?
Ephemerisle: Make it happen in 2009!
Seastead design: What will the structure be and how does that impact
other issues?
Location: Where should the first seastead be located (or what's its
migration path)?
Transportation: How to get to/from (helicopters are slow, but planes
are hard to land. boats are slow. What are our best options?)
Government/Organization: What are good forms of seastead government
for individual seasteads? How to organize multiple seasteads?
International relations: trade, defense, international acceptation of
seastead (and its currency and documents.

<*> Your email settings:
  Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
  (Yahoo! ID required)