A Quantum Adiabatic Algorithm for Factorization and Its Experimental Implementation

coderman coderman at gmail.com
Sat Aug 16 11:18:49 PDT 2008

http://arxiv.org/abs/0808.1935

"     We propose an adiabatic quantum algorithm capable of factorizing
numbers, using fewer qubits than Shor's algorithm. We implement the
algorithm in an NMR quantum information processor and experimentally
factorize the number 21. Numerical simulations indicate that the
running time grows only quadratically with the number of qubits. "

---

in related news, d-wave iteratively testing bigger and bigger chips:

http://dwave.wordpress.com/2008/07/28/its-wafer-thin/

---

too bad the canary in the coal mine has been deprecated (
http://www.rsa.com/rsalabs/node.asp?id=2092 )

:P