[gsc] R.I.P. - Orlin Grabbe

unlinQ Marketing marketing at unlinq.com
Wed Apr 30 05:22:22 PDT 2008

We have heard an unconfirmed rumor that J. Orlin Grabbe passed away
about 3 weeks ago in Costa Rica, apparently of heart-related problems.
His web site, http://www.aci.net/kalliste/ which was snappshotted, was
last updated on March 6th. I hear an obituary is being compiled by
former LFC people. His brother, Crockett's web site is at
http://www.physics.uiowa.edu/~cgrabbe/

A controversial figure in the world of finance and banking, Orlin was
one of the driving forces behind Laissez Faire City and founder of the
Digital Monetary Trust. He will probably be more widely known for his
work on derivatives while a professor at Wharton. After DMT Orlin
focused on his interesting news web site replete with art (especially
nudes) and writing papers in theoretical physics.  I hope Grabbe gets
the credit he deserved.

We will provide additional information as it becomes know to us.
Hopefully others on the list will add their stories of Orlin and
personal contacts.

--
unlinQ
Financial Services Marketing Group