Creative Destruction: Just over forty-eight hours

R.A. Hettinga rah at shipwright.com
Tue Sep 18 22:45:09 PDT 2007

<http://www.creativedestruction.com/archives/000833.html>

Creative Destruction

+ Organic food is bad for you. | Main

Just over forty-eight hours

At 1000 on Thursday I will report to the Phoenix OSO and my new life will
begin.

After year and a half of training, and over one thousand miles of running,
I will be going to OCS.

I'm very nervous, but also extremely excited to get started on my future.
OCS will be a serious challenge, and hell-on-earth, but I think it will be
fun too.

Once I'm there and have my company and platoon assigned I'll write a letter
to my parents who will then post here on the blog with my mailing address.
I appreciate everyone's support, so please write and keep in touch.

Posted by Sameer on September 17, 2007 7:25 PM | Permalink

TRACKBACK

TrackBack URL for this entry:
http://www.creativedestruction.com/MT/mt-track.cgi/722

COMMENTS

Best of luck!

Posted by: Jamila Akil | September 18, 2007 10:37 PM

I'm not totally sure why we're reporting so early. Our OSO said we have to
show up at 10 on Thursday and we will spend all day doing paperwork. At
which point they'll put us in a hotel for the night before catching the
Friday morning flight to DCA. Perhaps it is so candidates don't get drunk
the night before they fly out? Or maybe its for the Northern Arizona
candidates who have to drive 3-4 hours to get down to Phoenix and they
don't want to have them wake up so early on Friday to catch the plane.

See you soon!

Posted by: Sameer Parekh | September 18, 2007 1:36 PM

YUT YUT!

Are you reporting so early because you're driving?

Posted by: Brian Hinkle | September 18, 2007 6:58 AM

POST A COMMENT

If you have a TypeKey identity, you can sign in to use it here.

Name:

Email Address:

Remember personal info?

Comments:

--
44 Farquhar Street, Boston, MA 02131 USA