[gsc] zfone

R.A. Hettinga rah at shipwright.com
Fri Nov 16 13:59:58 PST 2007

--- begin forwarded text

 Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 16:03:09 -0500
 From: rayservers support <support at rayservers.com>
 To: gold-silver-crypto at rayservers.com
 Subject: Re: [gsc] zfone

 On 11/16/2007 03:40 PM, william_maderas at hushmail.com wrote:
 > Hello Patrick,
 >
 >> I truly love those tight summaries from Venkat.  So much so that I
 >> just
 >> retroactively tipped him for his earlier help setting that up.
 >

 > How do I go about that?

 Hey, just get in touch. PGP keys are on www.rayservers.com/keys or chat
 me using secure encrypted Off The Record chat on Pidgin:

 1. Install Pidgin + OTR

 With a mouse:

 System -> Administration -> Synaptic package manager. Click search
 button, enter: pidgin-otr - Mark for installation, click Apply

 With a keyboard:

 $ sudo apt-get install pidgin-otr

 2. Launch Pidgin, enable OTR

 Application -> Internet -> Pidgin Internet Messenger. Go to Tools ->
 Plugins, check the Off The Record box.

 3. Add an account at Rayservers:

 Accounts -> Add/Edit

 Protocol: XMPP
 Screen name: whatyouwanttobe (all lowercase)
 Domain: jabber.rayservers.com
 Resource: Home (don't change)
 Password:  (you know what to do here)
 Local alias: whatyouwanttobe
 (X) Check the Remember Password box

 Click Register, then confirm on the next dialog.

 4. Add Rayservers:

 Buddies -> Add Buddy

 Account: whatyouwanttobe at jabber.rayservers.com/Home
 Screen Name: support at jabber.rayservers.com
 Alias: ray
 Group: Buddies (unchanged)

 Say OK. This will pop up an authorize buddy on my side, once you are
 authorized, Ray will show up.

 Double click the buddy, a chat will start, say Hi, it will generate a
 keypair and change status to private.

 This will work on Windows as well, download Pidgin from www.pidgin.im
 and OTR from www.cypherpunks.ca/otr, then install, then follow above.

 Cheers,

 ---Venkat.

http://tagline.hushmail.com/fc/Ioyw6h4fRTeFYOaqi5z0IB59OqN8FnDXeWEuSRGcSXG9lMEm7bOEUy/

 --
 http://gold.rayservers.com/

--- end forwarded text

--
44 Farquhar Street, Boston, MA 02131 USA