I love the smell of dead fish, er, FUD, uhhhhhhh propaganda in the morning!

Shava Nerad shava at efn.org
Wed Nov 14 20:25:25 PST 2007

At 09:49 PM 11/14/2007, R.A. Hettinga wrote:
>The hack of the year
>
>Patrick Gray
>November 13, 2007

To give Patrick a little credit, he didn't come up with the headline
for that "hack of the year" story, and was a bit rueful about it.  To
my credit, I didn't think it referred to the author.

I questioned a few assumptions also, but it isn't any worse than the
average mainstream press story on Tor.

denoument: http://blog.wired.com/27bstroke6/2007/11/swedish-researc.html

The plot sickens.

I have just gotten to the point, personally, where I don't consider
DE a credible source.

Without going back and triple checking, but from memory...  First he
says he set up filters for his content but didn't examine it, then he
reflects on how much of it was porn and apparently examined it
closely enough to see that people were fetching it to their
offices.  He said earlier that he hadn't violated wiretap laws
because none of his servers were in the US; now apparently at least one was.

*shrug*  I have no idea how to judge his account of his arrest, or
how credible nods about Hong Kong might be.  I am sorry that happened
to anyone, though.

<personal bits snipped...>
Yrs,

--
Shava Nerad
shava at efn.org

--- end forwarded text

--
44 Farquhar Street, Boston, MA 02131 USA