Hushmail is pwnd & Sarbannes-Oxley

Tyler Durden camera_lumina at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 10 03:14:11 PST 2007

I think this is actually the tip of an iceberg that extends in a lot of
directions.

What about Sarbannes-Oxley? This is complied to overseas. And we now have the
US "DoJ" in effect creating laws by ordering disposal holds on all documents,
digital or not, in case they want to make a query or two. So the US is already
pwn-ing the international financial community. Oddly, however, the confidence
in the dollar is sinking, so perhaps that same international financial
community is developing antibodies...

-TD

> Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2007 06:45:17 -0600
> From: measl at mfn.org
> To: roy at rant-central.com
> CC: cypherpunks at al-qaeda.net
> Subject: Re: For those who missed it: Hushmail is pwnd
>
> On Wed, 7 Nov 2007, Roy M. Silvernail wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Nov 07, 2007 at 06:43:02AM -0600, J.A. Terranson wrote:
> > > Hushmail and DEA have an "MLAT" ("Mutual Legal Assistance Treaty")???
> > >
> > > Wow.
> >
> > Sweet syphillitic Jeebus!  I have *got* to stop glossing over the stuff
> > in comp.encryption.general.  I saw a bunch of items on this go by, but
> > didn't see the MLAT mentioned in the headlines.  (maybe RSS isn't all
> > that great?)
> >
> > Note that the MLAT is actually between the US and Canada, and
>
> This is clearly something I missed - and the "MLAT" term was what set of
> my "Holy Shit" sensor.
>
> > according to
> > http://travel.state.gov/law/info/judicial/judicial_690.html, it's been
> > in effect since Jan. 24, 1990.  So while Hushmail is pwned, it's pwned
> > by Canada, which is in turn pwned by the US.  But then, a difference
> > which makes no difference isn't really a difference.  I'm just glad I
> > never used/trusted Hush.
>
> I am shocked that Hush appears to have been in a position to have provided
> the requesting authority with actual *content* of a Hush user account: my
> prior belief was that this was non-possible.  The pwnage of this alone is
> staggering in scope if correct.  Anyone from Hush care to entertain us
> with an explanation of why this interpretation is incorrect?
>
> --
> Yours,
> J.A. Terranson
> sysadmin_at_mfn.org
> 0xBD4A95BF
>

> What religion, please tell me, tells you as a follower of that religion to
> occupy another country and kill its people? Please tell me. Does
> Christianity tell its followers to do that? Judaism, for that matter?
> Islam, for that matter? What prophet tells you to send 160,000 troops to
> another country, kill men, women, and children? You just can't wear your
> religion on your sleeve or just go to church. You should be truthfully
> religious.
>
> Mahmoud Ahmadinejad

Boo! Scare away worms, viruses and so much more! Try Windows Live OneCare!
http://onecare.live.com/standard/en-us/purchase/trial.aspx?s_cid=wl_hotmailne
ws