Bearer of check

R.A. Hettinga rah at shipwright.com
Fri Nov 9 19:57:01 PST 2007

<http://funny-hot.blogspot.com/2007/11/bearer-of-check.html>

FUNNY STORY WORLD - HAVE FUN

FUNNY, FUNNY AND FUNNY

11/09/2007

Bearer of check

My wife got a check from a survey company for filling out a couple of
surveys about consumer products, etc. Anyway, the checks are made out to
"bearer" because they don't want to give cash. Well, when my wife goes to
the bank to
cash the check, her conversation with the teller goes something like this:

Teller: I can't cash this check, it's not made out to you.

Wife: I know, It's made out to the BEARER.

Teller: Right. So I can't cash it.

Wife: I AM the bearer.

Teller: Your name is Donna ***.

Irritated wife: The check is made out to the bearer, I am the bearer of the
check.

Teller: Is this **to** a company.

Wife: **Sigh** NO. It is **from** a company, made out to the
**BEARER** of the check which is ME.

Teller: Let me go talk to my manager.

So the MANAGER comes over and says: Ma'am, we can't cash this check, it
doesn't have your name on it. So my wife goes into extreme detail about how
she got the check, why her name wasn't on the check, and finally says:

Wife: Why don't you go find a dictionary and look up the word Bearer.

So the Manager leaves, is gone for a good 10 minutes and finally whispers
to the teller to go ahead and cash the check... And they say that customer
service
doesn't exist anymore. Sheesh!

CANG B?I MY BLOG T?I 7:36 PM

TAG: FUNNY STORY PICTURE PICS CLIP WORLD HAVE FUN

--
44 Farquhar Street, Boston, MA 02131 USA