[IP] Bush administration proposal would criminalize 'attempted' copyright infringement

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Wed May 16 01:32:42 PDT 2007

On Wed, May 16, 2007 at 12:51:32AM -0700, Sarad AV wrote:
> I am curious. Can you not rent a legitimate movie
> CD/DVD from a rental and copy it so that you can watch
> your favorite movie over and over at your home?

According to the New World Order, no.

In other news, the Germans now have an ID with
biometrics in it (my old one is not due to expire for many years,
and I'm not sure whether I should not just let it lapse).
And police now can obtain fingerprints via mobile online
scanners from people without IDs, at least in Hessen.

The sheep do not seem to be bothered, so far.