[Dgcchat] I was talking about a different James

R.A. Hettinga rah at shipwright.com
Sat May 5 09:43:28 PDT 2007

For those on cypherpunks who don't know him, James Turk, one of the
original gold-bugs, actually holds the internet digital gold *patent*, much
to the consternation of e-gold when it un-submerged about 8 years into
their operating life. Turk and his son Geoff and run a considerably more
finance-oriented (as opposed to liberty-oriented, which I think it would
safe to say is the flag that e-gold sails under, though having met them
both, I'd say that James and Geoff are more realist than statist) gold
"currency" site called goldmoney.com, which is chartered and run out of
Jersey in the Channel Islands.

He used to be a banker with Citicorp, etc., during the late 1970's-80's,
and comes by his gold-bugginess old-school. :-).

...of course, Uncle is *supposed* to trot out the four horsemen of the
financial|etc infocalypse at times like this, so it's no surprise.

Cheers,
RAH
------
--- begin forwarded text