Sameer: Contracted!

R.A. Hettinga rah at shipwright.com
Wed May 2 08:43:22 PDT 2007

Sameer's that much closer to joining the Marines. If he can run fast enough...

Cheers,
RAH
-------

<http://www.creativedestruction.com/archives/000740.html>

Creative Destruction

Contracted!

"I, Sameer Girish Parekh, solemnly swear that I will support and defend the
Constitution of the United States against all enemies foreign and domestic;
that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same. That I will obey
the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the
officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code
of Military Justice. So help me God."

So yesterday I went into the OSO's office to get contracted and submit the
waiver. It's sort of a weird contract, because it's a "conditional
enlistment" in that it only really means anything if I am actually
selected, and there's still two minutes of run time to go before I have a
chance at that, but it's a step. I'll find out in a month if my waiver is
approved or not.

Posted by Sameer on May 2, 2007 7:49 AM | Permalink

--
44 Farquhar Street, Boston, MA 02131 USA