Danish Polippix Live CD with TOR, etc

Niels Elgaard Larsen elgaard at agol.dk
Tue Mar 20 17:15:38 PDT 2007

In the Danish IT-Political Association have worked on a CD to promote
our rights to privacy, anonymity, fair use, etc. It comes with TOR,
Twinkle (with ZRTP), GnuPG, macchanger, libdcss, vlc, etc.

We call it Polippix or the Political CD.

This week we released a version in cooperation with PROSA-bladet
http://www.prosa.dk/prosabladet/ (the front page is a member of
parliament holding the Polippix CD in front of parliament)
published by the PROSA, Association of Computer Professionals. Each of
the 12000 subscribers got a CD with TOR, twinkle and a lot of other
nice stuff.

This version of Polippix also have a TORpark that can be run from the
CD on windows computers and QEMU that can run the whole Live-CD from
windows.

We got a lot of press from most of the danish medias. E.g. I was
demonstrating TOR on the CD on national danish TV tonight.
mplayer -playlist
"http://sputnik-dyn.tv2.dk/player/asx.php?playlist=6445306,&ticketHandle=16252760:dd97dca97bbc86d79f7630ed9a04bcee&free=true"
Several politicians, including the minister of justice have commented
on Polippix.

The ISO can be downloaded from  http://itpol.dk/ (mirrors listed in
the table)

The interest today have been overwhelming. Thousands of downloads have
completed successfully, we are limited by our bandwidth, even with
many 100 Mbit/s mirrors and torrents.

Most of it is in danish so far, but you will get the idea.

We hope you will welcome the new danish TOR users.

--
Niels Elgaard Larsen

----- End forwarded message -----