[fc-announce] Advance CFP: Financial Cryptography and Data Security 2008 [deadline: September 25]

R.A. Hettinga rah at shipwright.com
Mon Jun 25 20:32:07 PDT 2007

--- begin forwarded text

 Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 22:58:29 -0400 (EDT)
 From: Radu Sion <sion at cs.sunysb.edu>
 To: fc-announce at ifca.ai
 Subject: [fc-announce] Advance CFP: Financial Cryptography and Data Security
  2008 [deadline: September 25]
 Sender: fc-announce-bounces at ifca.ai

 Dear Colleague,

 This is an advanced call for papers for the Financial
 Cryptography and Data Security Conference in Cozumel,
 Mexico, 28-31 January, 2008 (http://fc08.ifca.ai).

 Financial Cryptography and Data Security is a major
 international forum for research, advanced development,
 education, exploration, and debate regarding information
 assurance in the context of finance and commerce. The
 conference covers all aspects of securing transactions
 and systems. Submissions focusing on both fundamental
 and applied real-world deployments are solicited.

 This year, for the first time, we are also accepting
 submissions for posters and short papers. The poster
 session is the perfect venue to share a provocative
 opinion, interesting established or preliminary work,
 or a cool idea that will spark discussion. Poster
 presenters will benefit from a multi-hour session to
 discuss their work, get exposure, and receive feedback
 from attendees. The intention behind short papers
 (peer-reviewed) is to encourage authors to introduce
 work in progress, novel applications and corporate or
 industrial experiences. Short papers will be evaluated
 with a focus on novelty and potential for sparking
 participants' interest and future research avenues.

 DATES

 Submission: 25 September
 Posters: 13 November
 Panels: 13 November

 ORGANIZERS

 Program Chair: Gene Tsudik, UC Irvine
 General Chair: Radu Sion, Stony Brook

 Local Arrangement Chair: Rafael Hirschfeld, Unipay
 Poster Chair: Bogdan Carbunar, Motorola Labs

 Program Committee
 N. Asokan, Nokia Research
 Giuseppe Ateniese, Johns Hopkins University
 Nikita Borisov, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign
 George Danezis, Katholic University of Leuven
 Stefan Dziembowski, University of Rome
 Kevin Fu, University of Massachusetts, Amherst
 Philippe Golle, PARC
 Dieter Gollmann, Technical University of Hamburg-Harburg
 Aggelos Kiayias, Univeristy of Connecticut
 Javier Lopez, University of Malaga
 Arjen Lenstra, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Lausanne
 Ninghui Li, Purdue University
 Patrick McDaniel, Pennsylvania State University
 Alessandro Mei, University of Rome
 Refik Molva, Eurecom Institute
 Pino Persiano, University of Salerno
 Ahmed Sadeghi, University of Bochum
 Michael Szydlo, Akamai Technologies
 Suzanne Wetzel, Stevens Institute of Technology

 For more details please see http://fc08.ifca.ai.

 We apologize if you receive multiple copies of this
 message. We did our best to avoid this. Please help
 us distribute this to other interested colleagues.

 Best Regards,
 Financial Cryptography and Data Security 2008 Organizers