A mighty number falls

Tyler Durden camera_lumina at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 17 02:03:27 PDT 2007

11 months in 2007? How long will that take 18 months from now if we assume
pure microprocessor advance a la Moore's law? Is there also a slow but
steady stream of algorithmic imrpovements to factoring?

Where the f's Cordian these days?

Also, I didn't know any real encryption work was done at Bellcore, though I
consider it possible this guy was doing this work in his "spare time". I
remember back in the day they broke a 'Smartcard' by environmentally
stressing it and getting the sick chip to throw up essential bits...

-TD