It's official.

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Thu Jun 7 12:21:12 PDT 2007

On Thu, Jun 07, 2007 at 09:21:40AM -0400, R.A. Hettinga wrote:

> We'll at about 74 feet. (None of those pussy "meters" thankyouverramuch.)

That be 23 pussyfeet. That's not a lot.

> No storm surge problem there, and the island may be a rock, but the rock is
> limestone. Percolation is your friend.

Percolation is not so hot when it's the sea coming up from below.

> As for global "warming", I think your chancellor said it best a few days ago.

The Ferkel is not my chancellor, but I wouldn't want to live directly at a coast,
any coast (unless it's a rock face some 100 m high), regardless of global warming
or cooling.

> Color me skeptical...
>
> Of course, if that mountain in the Canaries lets go and falls into the sea...

My point precisely.