Letters from the feds

Karsten N. awxcnx at web.de
Wed Feb 28 01:56:53 PST 2007

Eugen Leitl schrieb:
> I disagree (as a parent, and a Tor operator who got a BKA case about
> pedophilia on his hands, which is still open -- at least there is yet
> no usual offical letter declaring it closed, so I take that as a negative).

I am a German tor operator too and the provider of my server got the
same BKA case. Because the provider closed my server, I asked the press
for help. The investigation of the press got the following results:

1: The BKA operation "MIKADO" was closed in the first week of January 2007.

2: Official letters declaring it was closed, were not send. If you asked
for official letter, you will get one.

3: May be, affected tor operators will be listed in a database. I do not
know more about the database, I got only a (unofficial) warning by the
investigating journalist: "There is a database and you are listed."

May be, the information about the closed BKA operation is interesting
for other operators too.

Karsten N.

----- End forwarded message -----