private credential/ecash thread on slashdot (Re: announce: credlib library with brands and chaum credentials)

Adam Back adam at cypherspace.org
Tue Feb 20 16:40:29 PST 2007

Credentica (Stefan Brands ecash/credentials) U-prove library and
open source credlib library implementing the same are on slashdot:

http://yro.slashdot.org/yro/07/02/20/2158240.shtml

Maybe some list readers would like to inject some crypto knowledge
into the discussion.

There is quite some underinformed speculation as critique on the
thread...  Its interesting to see people who probably understand SSL,
SMIME and stuff at least at a power user if not programmer level, try
to make logical leaps about what must be wrong or limited about
unlinkable credential schemes.  Shows the challenges faced in
deploying this stuff.  Cant deploy what people dont understand!

Adam
--
http://www.cypherspace.org/credlib/