Tor incentives

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Tue Feb 6 10:48:33 PST 2007

On Tue, Feb 06, 2007 at 01:41:25PM -0500, Tyler Durden wrote:

> Wait..is there some way how hard can it be to run a Tor node in another
> counry? Why do Torrites run them in their own country? In other words, the

I was thinking about renting a colo in .ru and thumbing my nose
at the local authorities, but I first need to plug a hemorrhaging
hole in my finances. My last deal was a 29 EUR/month 10 MBit/s
flat rodent (well, until they started throttling it) which should
be hard to get.

Any suggestions as to which jurisdiction is best?

> German exit node operator should run one in the US or Canada, or vice
versa.
> Why wouldn't people do this? Is there any pracical limitation?

Any decent deals in U.S.?