another seeming attack on my server's DirPort

John Young jya at pipeline.com
Fri Dec 21 02:26:15 PST 2007

Skepticism of the NSA-affiliation list is warranted. Just as much as
skepticism about that NSA and its global ilk have been tapping all
international and domestic telecommunications.

Nobody believed that was going on, and some ignorant fools still
disbelieve, or worse, cannot bear to believe a technology so enjoyable
could be so violative.

The telcos have been screwing their customers from day one, so
why would ISPs be any different? The Internet is a spying machine
just like the telecomms and postal services have always been, get
used to it, or get over it, or get off it, or give up the addiction.

Lesson One for the conspiracy deniers: The only true conspiracy
theorists are the spies, they could not exist unless they kept the
natsec threats and denials achurning.

No infosec system is as effective as promoting that it is safe
and secure. Blind faith in the reliability and trustworthiness of
widespread communication technology is damn comforting.

Preaching to the choir here, to be sure.