Cryptome takedown

Greg Newby gbnewby at pglaf.org
Sun Apr 29 11:56:44 PDT 2007

As seen on Slashdot:
  http://yro.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/04/29/134232

Here's the mail John got, specifying a May 4 termination:
  http://cryptome.org/cryptome-shut.htm

John, I could temporarily host cryptome.org on
readingroo.ms.  I have a partial mirror, and with
your permission could ingest the rest of the site.

readingroo.ms is hosted by the Seattle Community
Colocation Project, in a good data center.

John's message on /.:

"Right, Cryptome happily chokes on slashdot, but not to worry, mirrors
are available as noted below.

Cryptome and its affiliated sites will continue with another ISP, in the
US or elsewhere. Or if necessary, underground, or via means not easily
shuttered, or by way of whatever is invented for opposing technologies
of information control (credit to Steven Wright, author of The
Technologies of Political Control: http://cryptome.org/stoa-atpc.htm
[cryptome.org])."

  -- Greg