Mixmaster?

Ulex Europae europus at gmail.com
Sun Nov 26 17:11:19 PST 2006

On 11/26/06, J.A. Terranson <measl at mfn.org> wrote:

> On Tue, 24 Oct 2006, Ulex Europae wrote:
>
> > Anyone else? Why is there still no functional software for the Win32
> > platform?
>
> Who cares?

Because for better or worse, Microsoft is still the dominant OS provider
around and is likely to remain so for some time to come.

> Why should people put effort into supporting win32?

Let me restate that in a way that even a curmudgeon like yourself should
have no trouble digesting:

"...If quality tools are not available, then individuals and businesses
will not use them. As long as communication encryption is not widespread,
crypto rights will be vulnerable to attack as a special interest issue
vs public
safety..."

You can read the original here:
http://www.mail-archive.com/cypherpunks@minder.net/msg21213.html

Yours? Mine? Try ours. Our rights. I'll bet I can find even earlier admonitions
to the same effect.

--Ulex