NS&AT&T

coderman coderman at gmail.com
Fri May 19 14:37:55 PDT 2006

On 5/19/06, R.A. Hettinga <rah at shipwright.com> wrote:
> >You would think that if they wanted to lure customers into their spiderweb,
> >they would simply offer free internet access, and burry a 'we have the right
> >to spy on your' clause somewhere in the agreement.
>
> There's a name for something like that. It's called "Google".

hah, indeed.  they even took it a step further with the new "search
across computers" feature that sucks your hard drive into this
spiderweb of mining.

i trust individuals, not corporations or governments.  you can't
expect privacy from entities you don't trust.

from http://www.google.com/privacypolicy.html
"""
Information we collect and how we use it:
Information you provide ... [ED: anything in the GET/POST of your request]
Google cookies...
Log information...
User communications...
Links... [ED: what you click on]
.
.
Information sharing:
Google only shares personal information with other companies or
individuals outside of Google in the following limited circumstances:

- We have your consent...
- We provide such information to our subsidiaries, affiliated
companies or other trusted businesses or persons...
- We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or
disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy
any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable
governmental request...
"""

"limited" circumstances, LOL