Legal loophole emerges in NSA spy program

Justin justin-cypherpunks at soze.net
Thu May 18 13:15:33 PDT 2006

On 2006-05-17T21:47:01-0700, coderman wrote:
> this administration is particularly skilled at legal exploit.  pehaps
> all that practice bending tax law over a barrel was merely warm up.
> ;)
>
> remember that Ashcroft was indeed signing approvals (in fact, they
> pestered him at the hospital while he was still recovering from
> surgery) and the deputy attorney general was also involved (i don't
> remember if he provided authorization when Ashcroft was
> incapacitated/reluctant or not...)

Not as if it's difficult to pre-date certifications, if they don't
exist, in exchange for certain considerations.

It might be enlightening to compare AT&T's campaign contributions (do
they have a PAC for employees?) in 2004 vs 2008, and 2002 vs 2006.

That, plus the accounting angle looking for discrepancies caused by
non-reporting of large SEC-exempt contracts... with enough people
digging, someone's bound to find something.

--
The six phases of a project:
I. Enthusiasm.          IV. Search for the Guilty.