NS&AT&T

Chris Olesch g13005 at gmail.com
Thu May 18 10:20:06 PDT 2006

Maybe its just me, but my brother-in-law and I used to wonder why most of
AT&T's cable traffic routed thru the east coast before going out west (or
asia). This would have been well within the range they decided to setup
camp. early 2002 thru 2003 (maybe 2004). On the MOT backbone traffic was
routed normally, yet at-home it took extra routes.

Tracert after tracert from within att's net, would mention long routes. It
would bounce 3 or 4 times go out the chicago trunk then end up on some cia,
or other federal line, then go back (but this time around chicago) and end
in cali. If our destination was Japan, or Siberia, the chat latency was
unbearable.

I was glad when comcast took over, but then again maybe all this humdrum was
removed from the line (tracesrt's).

Him and I were aware of the echelon systems way before the public had, and
of course were riduled as being paranoids or were those
arkanoids...lol...Heck for fun were had carnivore installed on everything,
though my favorite plugin was "Carnivore is sorry!"

Everytime, him and I are talking with friends or associates who bring up the
nsa this, or the fbi is spying, we just laugh, because we look at them and
say, "and this suprises you how? hmm, funny I seem to remember mentioning
this a long time ago, and you thought I was a crackpot!" Then we just look
at them, deny what they are saying..."I'm sure I don't know what you are
talking about." or "Maybe you should see a doctor about your recent flares
of paranoia's, the US government doesn't get involved in domestic espionage,
especially since we do our best to vote in all these fantastic "TOP"
officials"

If you ask me, someone is laughing all the way down the data pipe, and maybe
maniacally too...hehe

--
-G

"The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and
miss."
"He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes
wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it."
"He inched his way up the corridor as if he would rather be yarding his way
down it..."
"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

Famous Quotes written by Douglas Adams,  (British comic writer, 1952-2001)
http://hitchhikers.movies.go.com/