NS&AT&T

Tyler Durden camera_lumina at hotmail.com
Thu May 18 07:18:07 PDT 2006

Eugene Leitl said...

>How would you trace back large scale purchases of hard drives
>and computer clusters to a TLA? They have to use contractors
>for that.

Ah...I think that's a very interesting question, particularly in the larger
sense. Public companies have to (and are well motivated to) report on their
sales. A nice deep, statistical dive could probably reveal what equipment
they're buying, at least as $$$/sale-->oo. Hell, a lot of these are even
annouced as "Lucent signed a $1.5B contract to supplies equipment and
services to the government today..."

Too bad there are no other superpowers around these days. Then again, I
suspect the Soviets were always too fucked up to bother with something like
that.

-TD