MIME and Cypherpunks

Damian Gerow dgerow at afflictions.org
Thu May 11 03:05:06 PDT 2006

Thus spake Riad S. Wahby (rsw at jfet.org) [11/05/06 05:57]:
: > demime on cypherpunks?  I know I'm just a user, but this is one of the last
: > places I'd expect to see MIME attachments, thus PGP signatures, stripped.
:
: Point of order: it's not at all necessary to use MIME in order to PGP
: sign a message.

Yeah, I know.  It's just ...  Well, I'd rather not enter that debate,
because I don't care that much.  I'll just tell my MUA to go inline for
cypherpunks.  :-/

: I suppose I might consider looking into making exceptions for
: attachments with particular MIME types, but that's probably opening a
: nasty can of worms.  Personally I'd rather forget that MIME exists and
: continue to strip all of that crap.

Meh.  You're running the list.  If I really didn't like it, I could always
set up another node.