"Cypherpunks"

Damian Gerow dgerow at afflictions.org
Mon May 8 23:47:21 PDT 2006

Thus spake Tyler Durden (camera_lumina at hotmail.com) [08/05/06 09:08]:
: I'm not convinced it's particularly useful, but I like the idea of a list
: that is by default anonymous. One thing it might do is actually disguise
: any anonymous remailer usage...ie, MwGs can't even determine who's trying
: to be anonymous. There might be some other things it gives you as well...

Something I'd like to see is not just distributed feeders, etc., but
anonymous delivery endpoints.

i.e. My subscription to the list drops to an IMAP folder in the public
namespace.  I'm guessing if I allow anonymous authentication to my server,
and set up permissions properly, I should easily be able to allow someone
to read the group via IMAP (anonymously, of course).

In that vein, is cypherpunks distributed into USENET in any usable form?  (It
shouldn't be terribly difficult to set up a mail2news gateway.)  I did a
quick search, and couldn't find anything (alt.cypherpunk,
alt.privacy.cypherpunk, etc.).

  - Damian