[p2p-hackers] group key agreement (was: lockstep synchronization protocol problem)

coderman coderman at gmail.com
Thu Mar 30 16:09:38 PST 2006

a very detailed paper on group key agreement for ad-hoc networks:

http://eprint.iacr.org/2006/006

Abstract. Over the last 30 years the study of group key agreement has
stimulated much work. And as a result of the increased popularity of
ad hoc networks, some approaches for the group key establishment in
such networks are proposed. However, they are either only for static
group or the memory, computation and communication costs are
unacceptable for ad-hoc networks. In this thesis some protocol suites
from the literature (2^d-cube, 2^d-octopus, Asokan-Ginzboorg, CLIQUES,
STR and TGDH) shall be discussed. We have optimized STR and TGDH by
reducing the memory, communication and computation costs. The
optimized version are denoted by 5STR and 5TGDH respectively. Based on
the protocol suites 5STR and 5TGDH we present a Tree-based group key
agreement Framework for Ad-hoc Networks (TFAN). TFAN is especially
suitable for ad-hoc networks with limited bandwidth and devices with
limited memory and computation capability. To simulate the protocols,
we have implemented TFAN, 5STR and 5TGDH with J2ME CDC. The TFAN API
will be described in this thesis.