PayPal Goes Mobile

R. A. Hettinga rah at shipwright.com
Wed Mar 22 18:33:54 PST 2006

--- begin forwarded text

  Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 21:33:16 -0500
  To: Philodox Clips List <clips at philodox.com>
  From: "R. A. Hettinga" <rah at shipwright.com>
  Subject: PayPal Goes Mobile

  <http://mobilecrunch.com/>

  MobileCrunch

  March 22, 2006

  PayPal Goes Mobile!

  Posted by Oliver | Discussion: 1 comment

  Hot on the heels of yesterday's post, comes this amazing news from PayPal
  that PayPal is launching a mobile product!

  According the the Internet Payment Giant's website, it is now possible to
  send and recieve money via mobile phones as well as make purchases directly
  from a mobile phone. According to their published materials:

  Send money to friends and family

  Send money securely, anytime, from wherever you are. You don't need cash or
  a check - just your phone.

  After you activate your phone, you can send money one of two ways:

  * Text to 729725 (PAYPAL) with the amount and recipient's phone number.

  Example: send 5 to 4150001234
  Or
  * Call 1-800-4PAYPAL (1-800-472-9725) and follow the instructions.

  Since a picture is worth more than a thousand words, here's a screen cap
  from their website. I'll be revisiting this later today with more details.

  Tags: m-commerce, mobile-money, PayPal, PayPal-Mobile, OliverStarr,
  mobile-commerce

  Categories: Uncategorized | Bookmark this post with del.icio.us

  Google's New F-Finance Beta Pretty on Mobile but Lacking Substance

  Posted by Oliver | Discussion: 1 comment

  Another day, another Google Beta. Pretty soon they'll have to start giving
  them numeric designations instead of names. Today's suspect is Google
  Finance which was apparently released yesterday in beta (of course) with
  little fanfare.

  If you enter the URL into a mobile phone it automatically mobilizes the
  content so that it is easier to read (which is a plus here, but a disaster
  on many other websites that have already been optimized by the site's
  original authors- and a topic about which I will post on shortly).

  The content is a little light however, as I will demonstrate in the below
  images where I searched for Foldera (FDRA.ob) on both Google Finance and
  via YubNub. The results speak for themselves.

  Categories: Google Mobile, Announcements, Analysis | Bookmark this post
  with del.icio.us

  --
  44 Farquhar Street, Boston, MA 02131 USA

--- end forwarded text

--
44 Farquhar Street, Boston, MA 02131 USA