Justin Berry and related incidents

Greg Rider gregory.rider at gmail.com
Sun Mar 12 13:25:40 PST 2006

This is happening more and more lately.

Perhaps you might be interested in the Brian Peppers incident?

It's very convoluted (intentionally made that way by members of
Wikipedia who seek to supress this information), so allow me to
oversimplify what happened:

1.  A few kids wrote garbage articles about Brian Peppers, they were deleted.
2.  Someone writes a well-referenced article about Brian Peppers, and
it is re-deleted under the notion that it was somehow a "recreation of
deleted content".
3.  An administrator attempts to point this out, and the facts slowly
become obfuscated.
4.  A vote is held, twice, regarding the rewritten article, both times
there being a majority (66%) vote supporting to keep the article.
5.  Jimbo Wales DELETES the article, stating that, and I quote:

"I didn't delete it on a whim. It was an inappropriate recreation of
previously AfD's content, and should have been speedied right off the
bat. The only thing out of process here was inappropriate
recreation.--Jimbo Wales 03:11, 23 February 2006 (UTC)"

There is a lot to sort out in this big mess, if you're interested I
can provide you links.

I also have access to deleted records, as all deleted edits are
viewable by administrators of Wikipedia.  If you need copies of
anything which was deleted, please let me know, I'd be *MORE* than
happy to help you.  (So long as he has not had the developers delete
the deleted entry, all deleted edits are more accurately decribed as
"hidden".)

I hope to hear from you soon.

(P.S., see also: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Thompson_%28attorney%29 )