CRM: RE: Justin Berry, Jimbo Wales, and Wikipedia

Roy M. Silvernail roy at rant-central.com
Sun Mar 12 09:17:42 PST 2006

Eric Cordian wrote:

>Roy Silvernail writes:
>

>>Regardless of the underlying intent, this is just another edit war.  In
>>this case, the Boss happens to be involved.  I would be much more
>>concerned if the history page were altered to conceal the edits.
>>

>Well of course it has.  No versions of the censored article are available.

Apologies.  That's what I get for coming late to a discussion.

>>Didn't we predict edit wars (of a sort) back in the Depew days?
>>

>I wouldn't call removal of everything added to the article an edit war.
>An edit war is when two sides argue over differing versions of content.
>This is the suppression of content.

It's the same thing, really.  In this case, one side's preferred version
is no version at all.

That being said, I looked at the mirrored copy of the original article,
and now I'm a bit confused as to the suppressors' agenda.  The original
appears balanced and factual.  What's to be gained from hiding the details?

--
Roy M. Silvernail is roy at rant-central.com, and you're not
"It's just this little chromium switch, here." - TFT