CRM: RE: Justin Berry, Jimbo Wales, and Wikipedia

Jay Goodman Tamboli jay at tamboli.cx
Sun Mar 12 08:32:44 PST 2006

On 2006.03.12, at 11:00, Roy M. Silvernail wrote:

> Regardless of the underlying intent, this is just another edit
> war.  In
> this case, the Boss happens to be involved.  I would be much more
> concerned if the history page were altered to conceal the edits.

My understanding was that Jimbo Wales had done just that. At http://
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Justin_Berry#Total_rewrite.3F he wrote
that he'd like to see a total re-write, and the time of that posting
is also the time on the oldest version of the page that's available
(http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?
title=Justin_Berry&oldid=42757036). My impression was that there was
an older page that Jimbo Wales had simply wiped, erasing the history,
and blocking the author (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/
Talk:Justin_Berry#Bone_to_Pick...). Consider also the unlikihood that
Jimbo started this page. From the talk page, it looks like the
original article can be found at http://rookiee.aisdigital.net/
justin_article_archive/Justin_Berry.htm.

/jgt
--
http://tamboli.cx/