CRM: RE: Justin Berry, Jimbo Wales, and Wikipedia

Roy M. Silvernail roy at rant-central.com
Sun Mar 12 08:00:13 PST 2006

John Young wrote:

> We posted Eric's comments to Wikipedia, and four mintues later
>they had been removed.
>
>We posted a Wiki comment at the Berry entry about Wikipeida's
>censorship of the item and a pointer to Cryptome's hosting of the
>comments, and that was censored five minutes later. So an entry
>about the censorship was added to Cryptome's entry on Wiki.

It's interesting that the history of Justin Berry's page shows all the
edits and reversions.  John's edits are still available through the
history links.

Also interesting is the latest history entry:

14:15, 12 March 2006
<http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Justin_Berry&oldid=43436000>
Theresa knott <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Theresa_knott> (Jimbo
has asked for us to start again so let's start.)

Regardless of the underlying intent, this is just another edit war.  In
this case, the Boss happens to be involved.  I would be much more
concerned if the history page were altered to conceal the edits.

Didn't we predict edit wars (of a sort) back in the Depew days?

--
Roy M. Silvernail is roy at rant-central.com, and you're not
"It's just this little chromium switch, here." - TFT