POLL: crypto hardware & Fwd: [Xen-devel] Announce of our Xen project; Routing simulation with Einar (fwd)

coderman coderman at gmail.com
Fri Mar 10 23:05:37 PST 2006

On 3/10/06, Damian Gerow <dgerow at afflictions.org> wrote:
> I've contemplated going the quad-NIC route, but that still doesn't alleviate
> my two other requirements: RAID card and wireles adapter.

yeah, for this you'd need the on board cardbus for wireless card, then
use the two PCI slots for the RAID card and quad-NIC.  as a plus, the
boards with the cardbus slot usually have a compact flash port
underneath if you want a diskless system.

> What distinguishes the C5P from the C3?  Aside from specs, I mean: how would
> I be able to identify one?  (It's almost as if VIA is trying to kill the
> line off.)

the C3 was a larger fab process and had no padlock engine (neither
entropy or AES).  it's difficult to differentiate between a mainboard
using a C3 and a mainboard using the C5.  this drives me nuts! you
have to look for the keyword "Nehemiah" or verify part/model #'s.  and
then Nehemiah may refer to either the C5XL or C5P core (C5XL == single
entropy source, C5P == two entropy sources and AES)