POLL: crypto hardware & Fwd: [Xen-devel] Announce of our Xen project; Routing simulation with Einar (fwd)

coderman coderman at gmail.com
Fri Mar 10 09:16:46 PST 2006

On 3/9/06, Damian Gerow <dgerow at afflictions.org> wrote:
> I've got five systems (three of which I use on a daily basis) with the
> Nehemiah core.

i'm curious how you use them.  care to share?

my two main uses for the C5P systems are loop-aes w/padlock and key
scrubbing for file storage and IPsec endpoints.

i'll use the entropy on the C5XL boards for key generation as well.

> A local supplier just notifed me the other day that they've
> now got Nano-ITX in stock, although they're still C3s.

wow, i didn't think these were going to be ready till Q3.  did they
have any specs?  i'll look around today and see if i can find more
details.

>  I'm not holding my
> breath for Esther; it was some time ago they announced their DP line, and
> I've yet to see any dual-processor C3s available for purchase.

yeah, i've been lusting after a dual proc board since they were
revealed back in Q2 '04.  perhaps the market just isn't there?  other
products announced later have made it into production before these SMP
boards...

> That being said, it looks like Gigabyte has a board ready for the C7.  I
> still don't see any news on the actual *chip*, though.

the last 6-9 months seem to be a holding pattern of "working out the kinks".

> I'd really like to see a commercially available (there was a project some
> time ago to do a home-brew version) C7-based laptop...

i'm wondering if the Balance systems will be updated with a C7 when
available.  not a great laptop, but would work nicely as a crypto
accelerated endpoint:

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?product_id=3504708
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?product_id=3595030