wars of attrition & reverse rubber hose & the ineffectiveness of direct lethal violence against the state

Tyler Durden camera_lumina at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 9 09:37:49 PST 2006

No, I'm not talking about Baseballbatting cops and Marines for the most
part. I AM talking about baseballbatting the TLA and Patriot Act
paperpushers and others who file motions or otherwise do a lot of the
day-to-day "innocuous" interfacing-with-the-real world activities.
Look...most operations are not black bag and field these days. Make that
layer think about whether what they're doing is worth having broken limbs,
and everything gets a lot more difficult.

Look, if you're a small ISP and a couple of TLA clerks come demanding info
about who's looking at what, tell them you can only hand over the records in
person and then when they show up break an arm or leg or two. You'll be glad
you did, and you can bet those clerks aren't going to do it again without a
real Operation, which is a lot more costly and a LOT more visible.

-TD