Fwd: [TSCM-L] Re: New paint blocks out cell phone signals

coderman coderman at gmail.com
Sat Mar 4 00:31:01 PST 2006

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: coderman <coderman at gmail.com>
Date: Mar 4, 2006 12:30 AM
Subject: Re: [TSCM-L] Re: New paint blocks out cell phone signals
To: TSCM-L2006 at googlegroups.com

On 3/3/06, dan at geer.org <dan at geer.org> wrote:
> ... why can't I
> paint my own home with this stuff?  We can certainly
> cast this in property-rights terms I should think.

you can: http://www.lessemf.com/paint.html

there are also a few companies selling faraday cloth, though i don't
recall the attenuation provided.  what i'd really like is something
toggle'able, although the product described in this thread sounds more
like snake oil than truly "nano reconfigurable faraday surface"

a friend also has an attic/loft well coated in many layers of lead
base; there are two small windows and the attenuation with lead based
appears to be pretty decent as well.  (a little hard to find these
day, though :)