Gilmore's Last Stand

Tyler Durden camera_lumina at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 10 09:38:36 PDT 2006

>So of course this is all over the Net now, and headlines are proclaiming
>that "flying without a photo-ID is actually faster than flying with proper
>identification," and Gilmore is looking like a crackpot.

Or is he?!!!

Nah... I know this was an accident, though I can't help wondering if someone
phoned the airport in advance. I've noticed that the reporter (who was
taking notes) was questioned: Would someone merely writing normally get
noticed by security?

The silver lining here is that the TSA was forced to say that an ID isn't
technically required, so that they have in theory relinquished the right to
demand one. There have been worse mistakes.

Of course, I have little doubts about how this really works in practice.

-TD