[dave at farber.net: [IP] more on Can you be compelled to give a password? [was: Police Blotter: Laptop border searches OK'd]]

mikeiscool michaelslists at gmail.com
Mon Jul 31 02:25:12 PDT 2006

It's interesting really.

Assuming one _did_ use some form of dual-key encryption such that key
a produces the real data, key b produces useless random noise, would
the feds smarten up such that they will analyse the decrypted result,
and, if they decide it's useless, force you to give up another key?

What if there were an N-Key system that (i.e. maybe OTP) where any
given key could give any given plaintext. Maybe they would force you
to try keys until they got a result they liked?

Is such a scenario possible?

-- mic