Commercial Key Escrow?

ericm at lne.com ericm at lne.com
Fri Jan 20 13:26:35 PST 2006

On Fri, Jan 20, 2006 at 03:43:00PM -0500, R. A. Hettinga wrote:
> At 11:08 AM -0800 1/20/06, ericm at lne.com wrote:
> >Does anyone know of a company that provides a commercial key escrow service?
>
> Prolly don't wanna call it that around here :-)

I assume that readers of this list know the difference
between commercial key escrow and GAK.

>, but most commercial public
> key applications have that feature, or the functional equivalent thereof.
>
> PGP, for instance, allows for the mandatory secondary-encryption of all
> messages using a corporate key.

I'm looking for someone who provides an actual commercial key
escrow service, not double encryption with a master key.

The usual offsite data storage outfits are set up to deal with
large volumes of not so sensitive data, not small amounts of
very sensitive data.  They also disclaim any responsibility for
the security of the data, which won't work for this application.

Eric