[IP] more on Mid-level military officers on

Jock Gill jg45 at mac.com
Mon Apr 24 09:48:11 PDT 2006

responsibility for Iraq

Dave,

For another perspective on a core problem, please feel free to share
this pointer with IP.

"U.S. Intelligence, like the Department of Defense, is a dinosaur
from the Cold War, a direct outcome of allowing the military-
industrial-congressional complex to specify how we spend the taxpayer
dollar without regard to reality or proper intelligence. We have a
special interests spy world and a special interests heavy-metal
military."

<http://www.greaterdemocracy.org/archives/000470.html>

10 Threats to the Public Interest & Security

Robert David Steele
04.18.06, 6:00 PM ET
Why Secret Intelligence is Bad

Director of National Intelligence [DNI] Covers 17.5%

In the Age of Information, when secret sources are less valuable and
open sources are more essential in understanding reality and crafting
responsible public policy, what are the ten greatest threats to the
United States of America? What ten questions should the reformed and
revitalized Director of National Intelligence (DNI) be able to answer
for Congress and the public? This challenge has been answered
generally by the Report of the High-level Panel on Threats,
Challenges and Change, A more secure world, Our shared responsibility
(United Nations, 2004), but nothing the DNI is doing today is helpful
in actually addressing, in a substantive sustained way, each of these
threats.

-------- continued at: <http://www.greaterdemocracy.org/archives/
000470.html>

Regards,